Tuesday 1 July 2014

Best Before End

A couple of days off a full year since diagnosis and my NSW driving licence is up for renewal – they wrote to me with the choice of 1, 3 or 5 years – an interesting decision when you've been given a shelf life – 10 month median for esophageal cancer.

So I'll plump for the 5 year gold just to bugger up those survival statistics.

Saw GP yesterday at walk-in medical in Bondi Junction – so much simpler and faster than Wapping NHS GP fixed appointment system. Got an appointment at St Vincent's on the 8th with the palliative care team plus X-ray and MRI for back pain. Results this morning showed everything normal and pain probably muscular which should improve with time and exercise – if I can only be bothered to get off my small, thin arse! Did find some lipomas which some US sites cutely call back mice and claim cause pain but that's apparently unlikely according to the doc so we leave them.

Laurel's been kindly caring for me and feeding fab food so I hope some of the weight loss can be regained.

Once I get new CT scans and we can assess where we are with any new metastasis or main tumour growth I'll share with Dr Nessulhut and continue DC treatment if possible and/or begin chemo if necessary.

Again if anyone would like to know more about the Duderstadt DC treatments it's linked here.





No comments:

Post a Comment